6 Uses for Cannabis Oil That May Surprise You!
Maybe you’ve had a long busy week, you’re feeling stressed about paying off holiday bills or you’re just trying to avoid the deep freeze we seem to be stuck in. Whatever the case may be, a CBD-rich cannabis oil will be your new best friend when you’re ready for some R&R and need to kick your feet up.
Like other cannabis forms, oil can contain CBD, THC or a mixture of the two. Though it may not deliver the same high as exciting as its THC counterpart, Cannaboid based oils are chock full of the naturally occurring chemicals found in marijuana plants, making them ideal for downtime. Plus, you may be pleasantly surprised to find out that cannabis oil offers a ton of health benefits and can even be used for medicinal purposes.
Don’t believe us? Check out these surprising ways you can benefit from using CBD cannabis oil.
- Acne control – Oil and acne control? We must be kidding. The good news is we’re totally serious. CBD oil has been proven to significantly reduce the production of sebum; the oily substance that, when over produced, can lead to acne.
- Pain management – Studies sponsored by national health institutes indicate that the response brain receptors have to CBD oil can actually help with pain relief. Anti-inflammatory properties found in the Cannaboid may alleviate symptoms brought on from chronic or muscle pain, spinal cord injuries, multiple sclerosis, and arthritis and can even deliver benefits following chemotherapy treatments. While this is all very exciting, clinical studies are still being conducted so be sure to check with your health practitioner prior to using CBD oil for medicinal purposes.
- Neurological deterioration– Research is underway to identify how cannabis oil affects the CB1 brain receptor. This receptor is responsible for disorders such as Parkinson’s disease, Alzheimer’s disease, MS and strokes (all caused by brain and nerve deterioration). Studies indicate that CBD oil could have a positive impact on these disorders by reducing the inflammation that causes these symptoms to worsen over time.
- Stress relief – CBD oil can do wonders for stress management and alleviating symptoms brought on by anxiety, such as an elevated heart rate. Cannabidiol activates and heightens serotonin throughout your body to offset the feelings of depression, stress and anxiety that can occur when serotonin levels are low.
- Support heart health – It’s no secret that heart conditions are on the rise in North America. And while leading a healthy lifestyle is the best way to keep your heart healthy, many are also turning to CBD oil as an aid. In addition to lowering blood pressure, studies have proven that cannabidiol can also lower cholesterol and blood pressure, limit cardiovascular responses to stress and even reduce artery blockages!
- Addiction support – Cannabis oil may have the ability to help those struggling with addiction to things like cannabis (oh, the irony), tobacco, cocaine and opioids. Studies show a correlation between oil use and the reduction of withdrawal symptoms resulting from substance abuse.
As an added bonus, cannabis oil can be used a variety of ways. It can be applied directly to your skin, be mixed it into lotions or taken orally by adding it to food, using a dropper under your tongue or taking it in capsule form, making it a more enjoyable way to consume for all the non-smokers out there.
As a general rule, it’s better to start with low doses and gradually work your way up. Oil is far more concentrated than flowers or buds, which can lead to less enjoyable side effects such as dizziness and nausea. Just make sure you don’t overindulge on your first go around as doses of oil are different than other forms of cannabis, your body processes oils slower and the effects of the Cannaboids will last longer than other methods of consumption.
When you’re ready to give it a try visit us at Mountain View Cannabis so we can explain all your options for oil use and teach you how to understand how dosages of oil are compared to other forms. We’re open 7 days a week, from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. and would love to have you in for a visit!
See you Soon!
- We are not healthcare practitioners and are a recreational cannabis store only. For specific healthcare questions please speak to your family doctor.