What’s up for Family Day in Calgary!
We’re not going to lie; the Mountain View Cannabis team spends a lot of time together. So much time, in fact, that we’ve started to feel more like a family than just a really cool group of your favourite bud tenders. In the spirit of this weekend (and our new found family vibe), we thought it was the perfect time to give you some ideas of what to do this Family Day in YYC. Seize the day by rounding up your loved ones for some good old- fashioned quality time. We found seven totally epic events that are sure to make this long weekend a memorable one. Plus, they’re all super budget friendly (if not free) and most offer fun for the whole family.
If you’re looking for a freebie:
- Glow on…
- The annual Glow Winter Festival is back and better than ever. Head down to Stephen Ave to catch live music and entertainers, go for a cruise down a glowing ice slide, kick back at an ice lounge, and take in the thousands of twinkling lights illuminating the sky. The festival is family friendly, and will be on all weekend so we hope to bump into you when we’re down there.
- Sport fishing, anyone?
- We’re being totally serious. This is one of two weekends for the entire year where fishing is totally free for Alberta residents and visitors. You still have to be complaint with fishing regulations but you don’t need a license to fish this weekend, which is pretty awesome. If you’re interested, visit mywildalberta.ca for all the details.
- If you bring home a ton of fish, we highly suggest a little dose of THC cannabis to ramp up your appetite. P.S. – we’re free for dinner.
- Learn something
- This year marks the 30th anniversary of Family Day, so why not check out a beloved Museum and learn something? Admission is total free at select museums all over Alberta, including the Royal Tyrell Museum, Frank-Slide Interpretive Centre and Head-Smashed-In Buffalo Jump, among others. Did we mention a little bit of sativa can help with focus, if you really want to learn something? For a full list of museums, visit calgary.ctvnews.ca.
If you’re a family of foodies:
- Have brunch in Africa!
- Ok, it’s not literally Africa but we think Safari brunches at the Safari Lodge in destination Africa at the Calgary Zoo is close enough. Indulge in a brunch of epic proportions with an omelet station, a waffle bar, delicious eggs benedict and tons of fresh fruit to dip in…wait for it…a massive chocolate fountain! For more details check out the event page on the Zoo’s website. https://www.calgaryzoo.com/events
- Travel back in time
- Take a bite out history at Heritage Park. From 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. the Wainwrights Hotel is serving up everything from Belgian waffles to scrambled eggs, bacon and omelets, in their elaborate dining room. If you haven’t been before, it’s a great opportunity for the family to warp through time to see an authentic saloon, as they were at the turn of the 20th How cool is that?
If you feel like getting active:
- your blades
- Enjoy some fresh air at Olympic Oval on Monday. In the spirit of Family Day, they’re letting everyone on the ice free of charge. Just be sure to bring along a helmet with CSA approval or you won’t be able to get to showcase your inner Olympian.
- Do something Funderful
- Check out the Trico Centre on Monday. Their Funderful Family Day Celebration promises an action packed day for the whole family. Decorate cookies, do some crafts, go for a swim, take a spin around the rink (for free, we might add), meet the Calgary Hitmen and more. We’re tired just saying all that Sharpen, so maybe have some of your favourite sativa to get a little energy boost for the day if you plan on checking it out.
We hope you have an awesome long weekend, whatever you decide to do. Mountain View Cannabis is open all weekend long so if you have extra time in your schedule we’d love to have you come by for a visit.
See you soon!